Monday, June 30, 2014

Loss of blogging motivation- It's technically Music Monday

So I haven't been on the blog in a little while. Partly because I've been on vacation, and partly because I have to find a spark to write about something.  I'm interested in absolutely everything. I love shoes, I love literature ( even though I don't read like I should) I like working out and I love writing. So I guess I will take a little page from my mom's book of wisdom, and write three great things about today.

- I went to the chiropractor today. My doctor cleared me to start lifting slowly again, including squatting. Clearly lifting 105 lb WAS NOT A GOOD IDEA, without a better progression. Also personal experience advice I've learned from feeling like I have a slipped disc in my back( which by the way I did not it just felt like it) 1
  • Stretch before and after you work out, yes do it. 
  • Only PR one rep, until you build up.
  • If you feel any pain anywhere(other than natural- well these pushups suck pain) STOP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
  • Try not to learn your limits, know your limits. 
  • Always have someone watch you when you are lifting more than what you have lifted before. It is always good to have someone there even if you are lifting a routine weight. Safety first!
- I had a wonderful dinner tonight, and also made my dad a healthy lunch. Going to Fresh Market with my mom was the highlight of my day. Yes it was. The food is literally beautiful, and the atmosphere is WAY better than any Walmart. We only go there for specialty items like Apple Chips, Chicken Kabobs, London Broil Steak, and a special dinner sometimes.
  • Dinner
  • - Chicken kabobs, fresh corn on the cob, fresh strawberries and blueberries, a bottle of water!
  • Lunch
    •  Chicken salad with cucumbers, and fresh corn, protein shake
- What did I learn today:
Sometimes you can't worry about the future. Just focus on the present. Change the sad Pandora station, and listen to trashy Saving Abel Pandora station if you have to (I love them!)

One day at a time.

Next on the blog: What my Fourth of July means, and my trip to the White House

No comments:

Post a Comment