Wednesday, June 4, 2014

You've Never Met a Ranger Fan...

until you've met the Larkin family.

[I decided to switch over to Blogger from Weebly because I felt like it was easier, and have used it before. She's Making Banana Pancakes will be under construction for a while, but I decided to make a post today anyways.]

My family has lived everywhere. I (along with my older twin sister) was born in Manhattan NYC. We have lived all across the United States, and my parents now reside in Alabama. The state of Alabama is full of passionate football fans everywhere. The University of Alabama, and it's rival Auburn line stores, fuel bbq arguments, and overtake the radio once the season starts. Heck, they take high school football here as close to, if not number two to church.

.... our family skipped church to go to our 6 am practices, drove home at 10 am or 5pm from a mid day championship game. I played hockey starting at age 5 going until the age of about 20. Hockey is in our blood. It just is.

SO when the NEW YORK RANGERS made the 2014 STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN TWENTY YEARS( yeah, don't mind the capital letters, I did cry and scream when they won) we were all excited. Not only did it remind me of what hockey means to me, but what hockey can do for people.

Hockey helped me get through a lot of things in my life, I can't explain what it feels like to play with a group of people that will carry you on their back, and you will do anything for. The New York Rangers have been supportive of both Martin St. Louis, and John Moore in the time of tragedy. The CITY of New York is incredible. Madison Square Garden is like no other, and in fact when I got to visit MSG for the first time, and look up into the rafters (before it was remodeled) I had tears in my eyes. Rangers are a different kind of hockey team, and at MSG, it's different here.

(My sister and I at MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment